I made these wonderful egg cups this week to make a tasty and easy low carb and ketogenic breakfast with a lot of satisfying and healthy fats! Easy to heat up and eat on the go. Lasts all week!
Tips for making Egg ‘Muffin’ Cups
- Just cracking an egg in each muffin space is easy and takes much less time than blending like scrambled eggs
- Switch out the meat and vegetables with what you have on hand and for variety!
- Use high quality eggs from a farm or pastured chickens for even more nutrition.
Easy Low Carb Bacon, Egg & Cheese ‘muffins’
Makes 12 egg cups
- 12 eggs
- 6 teaspoons butter or softened coconut oil or ghee
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 6 ounces of cheese, grated
- 6 ounces of (cooked or uncooked) chopped veggies such as onion, mushroom, green onion
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a 12 cup muffin tin, grease each tin with a 1/2 tsp of the butter. I just use my fingers for this.
- Crack one egg into each space, season with a bit of salt and pepper
- Using a fork break each egg yolk by poking it a couple times
- Top the eggs with the chopped bacon
- Top the bacon with the chopped vegetables
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then top with cheese and broil for about 5 minutes
- These can be frozen or just refrigerated for the whole week
per 1 egg cup: 182 calories, .6 net carbs, 12 g proten, 14.5 g fatPAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.