Our entire family loves this sauce as it really is the best home recipe I've found for alfredo. Since I don't eat pasta, I have this on chicken & vegetables (or even no carb shirataki noodles) for a keto-friendly low carb meal, while my family does pasta or rice even. It makes even the plainest chicken or fish seem special! And I always seem to have all of the ingredients on hand, so it's easy to whip up quickly.
Tips for making Alfredo Sauce
- Use quality ingredients and high fat cream (the 40% fat cream is the best!) for this recipe.
- This recipe is funny because it's easy for weeknights but also fancy enough for company.
- Try grinding an actual nutmeg for this recipe – you'll never want to go out for alfredo again!
- This recipe can be doubled easily
- Save the leftovers, even a Tablespoon of this sauce can be great the next day, although some separation could occur.
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 Tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese (not from a can)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a skillet saute garlic in the butter for one minute only. Pour in the heavy cream and stir.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese in one tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly.
- Add nutmeg, stir frequently to make sure the sauce doesn't boil. It will take 10-15 minutes to thicken.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Photo courtesy of RobynAnderson on Flickr.PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.