This “corn” bread has no corn, but is still amazingly good alongside chili or soup (and it's yellow)! And at only .6 net carbs per serving (that is a POINT 6, less than 1 gram!) it won't have a large impact to your carb count for the day. The green onions provides a great flavor and some moisture, but chives would also be good!
Equipment I use:
- muffin pans – my favorite brand is USA pans they are well made and nothing sticks to them
- silicone scraper
- Pyrex 8×8 pan – this is my go to if I don't want to make a muffin shape
- My favorite mixing bowls
- Hand mixer
- Kitchenaid stand mixer – when I make these for a crowd I use this instead!
Options for this Recipe:
- sometimes I use bacon grease in place of the butter – yummy
- if you don't have sour cream on hand you could use yogurt or cream cheese (full fat)
- leave out the green onions to make this the lowest carbs possible, or just for quickness. But they really do add good flavor.
- Add a 1/2 sugar equivalent of your favorite low carb sweetener to make this a dessert treat instead of savory
Low Carb Keto "Cornbread"
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16.3g
Saturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 2.8g
Dietary Fiber 2.1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Photo courtesy of ginnerobot on Flickr.