You're going to LOVE this snack, and it's low carb too (and very filling)!
I toasted these coconut flakes with some real vanilla and a touch of low carb sweetener, and now have a wonderful snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth, give you some fiber and some good fats, all-in-one little package! They make a great topping for plain yogurt too, and a good addition to any paleo “cereal” mix you like.
2018 EDIT: Ok guys, I know these coconut chips are technically “keto” but I can't make them any more, they are TOO good. If you decide to chance it – use Swerve sweetener as the recipe will turn out better. Swerve is now my go to sweetener of choice.
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a small ramekin or bowl, mix up the choice of sweetener, salt, vanilla and almond extract until the sweetener and salt are dissolved
- Measure out 2 cups of large coconut flakes into a medium bowl
- Add the sweetener mixture and toss the coconut until all of it is coated
- Dump the coconut flakes on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet, making sure that the coconut is in one layer.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, stirring once until the edges of most of the coconut is slightly browned. You could also choose to forego the oven and dehydrate the coconut in a dehydrator.