This decadent recipe for deviled eggs will help you get your bacon fix, plus it makes a great party dish, or even a lunch. There are two secret ingredients in this recipe that I use to punch up the flavor…
… bacon drippings and using smoked paprika instead of just regular! Those two ingredients plus the green onions (if you like them) really makes the recipe. Don't overdo the bacon grease though… just a drizzle will do. You don't want the fat to congeal too much on top of the eggs when they're cooled.
- Boil eggs, then shell and cut in half lengthwise. Cook and chop the bacon, reserve bacon grease.
- Remove all of the yolks from the whites and place in a small bowl, mix with the mayonnaise, mustard, salt & pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Add half of the chopped bacon and mix into the egg yolk mixture. Also add the 1 Tablespoon bacon grease if you want it in the egg yolk mixture.
- Fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture.
- Top with the rest of the chopped bacon, a sprinkling of smoked paprika & green onions. Drizzle with bacon grease for a punch of flavor.