Well it's been raining HARD four days straight in Oregon. Fall is definitely here! Will you join me in a fall Paleo ketogenic weight loss challenge? Before you click somewhere else, I'll say that there will be prizes!!
The weather is cooler at night, all of the fall veggies are in and the winter squash are starting to show their pretty colors. I'm also feeling that once a year ‘nesting' that happens to me every fall… the time where I don't mind cooking as much, especially if it's soup or stew related.
Now that we're sliding into fall, and the holidays aren't as distant, I'm inadvertently getting messier about my food. Things are creeping in a bite here, bite there that shouldn't be. I'm not gaining weight, but I'm not losing as steadily as I should be either. Soon, it won't be as easy to exercise outside as it has been, and I need to get some healthy habits established for the fall and winter ahead, especially the challenging holiday season.
Will you join me in a Fall Paleo Keto Weight Loss Challenge?
It's so true that if all of us pull together as a group, we are that much stronger!
Here are the things that I'm committing to stick to for the duration (now through October 31st, 2013). Your commitments to yourself may look different than mine.
- Sticking to my Paleo ketogenic diet. Your diet may vary from mine, as you could be just starting or Paleo. The foods and ratios are not the concern here, but sticking to something that works for you.
- Recording my food in MyFitnessPal app. I don't always record my food, but just until October 31st I would like to get back in the habit of doing this. It seems to make me ‘remember' what I'm putting in my mouth and take ownership of it. Please ‘friend' me on MFP! My user name is NourishingCook.
- Exercise. I need to be doing at least 5,000 steps a day (I use a fitbit to track) or 15 minutes of true exercise EVERY day. Such as a kettle bell DVD or weight training. Something that makes me break a sweat.
- Eating Out. No more than one dinner and one lunch out a week. I find that if I go over this, I don't lose weight even though I'm sticking to a ketogenic diet out of the house. Perhaps it has to do with chemicals or sodium in the food, or the fact that I just can't tell everything that I'm eating since it comes prepared, even if I eat simply. Plus, eating out is expensive!
How to Do the Challenge
- Sign up for the challenge & giveaway prizes by following the directions in the Rafflecopter widge below. If you don't see the widget (Below this section above the “Prizes” heading), delete all of your internet browser files and cookies, close all browser windows and reopen this page. Follow the instructions on the widget on how to enter the challenge / giveaway. Please note that subscribing to the Challenge mailing list is required to be eligible for prizes!
- Post a comment below committing to your specific goals. It's important to get these goals out there! If you don't want them on the blog, then be sure to write them down somewhere that you can access at the end of the challenge.
- Participate in the community. Join the conversation on Facebook or Twitter. Or comment on the challenge blog posts.
- Take a picture and your measurements. No matter what, take good pictures from as many angles as you can, and your measurements. You will be glad you did when you see the progress you've made in only a short time!
What would a good challenge be without prizes? At the end of the challenge, the following will be awarded randomly to participants that are signed up for the challenge email list:
- Five participants will receive free copies of my eBook Kick the Weight with Keto. If you've already purchased my ebook, you will receive a full refund if you win!
- Two participants (drawn at random at the end of the challenge) will receive a $50 US equivalent Amazon gift card, to be delivered in email.
- You MUST be part of the mailing list on the last day of the challenge to be eligible for the prizes!