Well you know me, I just can't leave well enough alone when it comes to low carb keto pizza! So yes I had to come up with yet ANOTHER recipe variation for my favorite food on earth. For all of my pizza related recipes, please see the low carb pizza summary post.
This pizza variation is easily pulled off very quickly when you have leftover ingredients from making another low carb pizza recipe. I just threw this together today for a quick Saturday lunch, and my husband loved it and said he could have eaten my portion too. That's how I knew that it was good enough to post on the blog!
The key really is to use the canadian bacon as the “noodles” and then layer with pizza sauce and your choice of toppings, plus two kinds of cheese. Overlapping the canadian bacon pieces makes very little difference in the final dish, so you basically just throw this together and bake in the oven. It's so easy and comforting on a cold rainy day when you're craving pizza but don't want to commit making the full version of low carb & keto pizza. Oh and of course, it's gluten free too, as all of my recipes are!
- 8 slices canadian bacon (I used Rose brand - 50 calories for 4 slices - I would have preferred a higher fat lower carb brand which I'm looking for)
- 2 ounces cooked and crumbled ground beef (no seasoning)
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup low(er) sugar pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (not one with salt in it)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay down 4 of the canadian bacon slices in your pan. It's ok if they overlap a bit
- Spread half of the pizza sauce on the canadian bacon
- Top the pizza sauce with half of the ground beef
- sprinkle italian seasoning on top
- Top with half of each of the cheeses
- Repeat with the second layer and top with the rest of the cheese. Sprinkle with the rest of the italian seasoning.
- Bake in the oven until everything is melded together, about 10 minutes. Broil for the last minute or two of cooking for a nicely browned top.