Ranch dressing is my favorite, but I hate buying those packets of seasonings that may have questionable ingredients, not to mention those yucky bottled dressings with added sugar! So I developed this easy, inexpensive homemade (no sugar) ranch dressing recipe that literally takes less than 5 minutes to mix up and doesn't even require a blender or food processor. I should call this “Kim's Lazy Ranch Dressing” recipe.
Tips for making Ranch Dressing
- To make this dip recipe into pourable salad dressing, mix in 1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk and increase the salt by 1/4 teaspoon. Or you can just add water, but buttermilk has a nice flavor.
- Try making your mayonnaise homemade for this recipe so that you know that the fats in it are top notch, but please note that it will most likely be yellow due to the egg yolks!
- Add fresh ingredients to dress this up, such as chopped green onions, chopped fresh garlic.
- Let the ranch dressing sit a couple hours in the fridge before using so that all of the flavors meld.
- To make this into barbeque ranch dressing – add 1-2 Tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce to 1/2 cup of dressing
Ranch Dressing or Veggie Dip
Makes 2 cups dip, or 2 1/2 cups salad dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt (NOTE: if using pure white sea salt or regular salt, decrease to 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- optional for salad dressing: 1/4 – 1/2 cup buttermilk or water
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, enjoy! Will keep up to two weeks in the fridge if you use a clean spoon every time you dip into it.
per 2 Tablespoons (of dip without water or buttermilk added): 122 calories, 12.5g fat, 1 net carb, 1.1g carbs, .1g fiber, .6g protein
Photo courtesy of whitneyinchicago on FlickrPAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.