The longer I'm on a Paleo Ketogenic “keto” diet, the more I'm realizing that I personally need to eat at least 75-80% fat a day to feel ‘optimal'. This takes some adjusting if you're not used to it! So I thought I'd share my personal favorite fatty breakfast, which is 75% fat, delicious and helps keep me going throughout the day. My brain LOVES it when I eat this.
I know that a lot of people luurve the bulletproof coffee in the morning. It's basically pure fat with coffee, and it's delicious. I even have my own version of this recipe in my book. But for me, my optimal breakfast looks a little different. I need some protein in the morning to function well, and about 75% fat. My favorite breakfast is actually very simple and I make in less than 10 minutes even on mornings that I have to go to my day job.
- In a small frying pan, heat up your choice of oil on medium heat. Wait until oil is properly heated before adding the eggs (if using butter it will be completely melted and bubbling).
- Break eggs into the pan and break the yolks. Don't move them, don't scrape the pan.
- Let the eggs cook until they can be flipped as one circle with a large spatula
- While the other side of the eggs is cooking, top with the cheese
- Slide onto a plate, top with salsa, sour cream, and avocado if you have it.